DAIS – Digital Archive of the Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts: Terms of Service
DAIS – Digital Archive of the Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts is a multi-institutional repository. It serves as the institutional repository of the Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts (SASA) and institutes under its auspices. DAIS is funded by SASA. The software platform is developed, hosted and maintained by the University of Belgrade Computer Centre. By accessing or using DAIS, the User agrees to abide by these Terms of Service and the Repository Policy, which can be updated or modified.
The access to and use of DAIS resources are governed by the terms and conditions defined in these Terms of Service. By using DAIS, the User accepts the Terms of Service.
The following terms shall have the following meaning:
- "Participating Institutions": Serbian Academy of Sciences and Arts and institutes under its auspices.
- "Public Content": publicly available content, accessible without the need to log in.
- "Restricted Content": content that is not publicly available; registration and logging in are required to access it.
- “Internal User”: user affiliated with SASA or a SASA institute who has a registered account and valid credentials. Only internal users can deposit content in DAIS.
- “Associate”, a local or international professional researcher involved in joint projects with internal users who is granted temporary and limited access to restricted content.
- “External User”: a local or international professional researcher, citizen scientist, teacher, student, informed citizen, a member of the general audience, etc.
Participating Institutions hereby grant the Internal User an unlimited non-exclusive non-transferable licence to access and use both Public and Restricted Content.
The Internal User understands and acknowledges that the granted credentials are for personal use only and that the User is prohibited from permitting any third party from accessing DAIS using their credentials.
Participating Institutions reserve the right to cancel without notice the account to any User whose affiliation with SASA or a SASA institute has ceased.
Participating Institutions hereby grant the External User an unlimited non-exclusive licence to access and use Public Content. Individual requests for access to Restricted Content are not subject to these Terms of Service and will be resolved separately at the discretion of content owners.
Access to certain features and content may be restricted to all users.
The Internal user must have the necessary rights to submit content in DAIS and must ensure that copyright, privacy, data protection and other issues are cleared with their institutions, collaborators, funders and all relevant stakeholders. Participating Institutions reserve the right to remove content in case of: Proven copyright violation;
- Falsified research;
- Research containing major errors;
- Threat to national security.
- Content-Specific Licenses
Each item is tagged with appropriate licence. The User agrees to follow license requirements by accessing or using content.
When using content from DAIS in publications, the User must follow licence requirement regarding citation and the acknowledgement of sources.
Data Protection and PrivacyEdit
The following information will be gathered and stored automatically during each visit to DAIS:
- Internet domain and IP address from which the repository was accessed;
- type of browser and operating system;
- date and time;
- pages visited.
The User agrees to this policy by accessing and using DAIS.